Oeste Park was laid out in 1965 and encompasses a total area of 4.56 acres. The park is home to not one but two distinct playgrounds, one of which is designed specifically for younger children. Olita School is located close to the park, and it is quite convenient to enter the park from the school. The park is popular with youngsters and the adults who care for them, in particular. There is parking accessible on the premises, in addition to parking along Lambert Road and Glenhaven Drive in the nearby area.
The approximately five acres of land that make up Oeste Park are noted for their numerous amenities, including two playgrounds for children, picnic spots, and fitness routes. Additionally, there are sunbathing benches dispersed throughout the entire area.
- ADA Accessible
- Horseshoe Pit
- Picnic Areas
- Picnic Tables
- Tree & Turf Area
During the summer months, splash pads are typically open seven days a week from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
In line with the former “space” theme of the park, the Oeste splash pad features a play area that is designed to seem like a rocket ship. Each splash pad may accommodate up to 30 people at its greatest capacity. The original deadline for the closing of the splash pad at Oeste Park was set for Labor Day; however, the City has moved it to September 30. (as weather permits). There is no longer a requirement to make reservations. On Saturdays and Sundays, there will be staff members present at the location. In the splash pads, you are not allowed to bring in any type of paint, animals (with the exception of service dogs), gum, glass, food or drink, or sharp items. This includes shampoos, conditioners, body washes, soaps, and detergents. People who are showing symptoms of COVID-19 are not allowed to enter the park.
The following is a list of the rules that apply to the splash pad:
- On the attractions of the splash pad, there is to be no running, pushing, or other physical play.
- Diapers are required for use in the pool by children who are not yet fully potty trained. The use of regular diapers is not permitted.
- The actions of children are ultimately the responsibility of their parents or other caretakers, who must also ensure that all relevant safety requirements are adhered to.
- Children younger than 12 years old are required to be supervised at all times by an adult who is at least 14 years old.
- People older than 14 are required to have a younger person look after them at all times.
- Water shoes are highly recommended for use.
Next Point of Interest: Vista Del Valle Park