La Bonita Park
1957 marked the year when the City of La Habra completed the purchase of La Bonita Park; however, development on the park began in the year 1960. In addition to its four baseball fields that are lit night, the park has a sizable open field that is completely unobstructed.
Twenty acres of the entire 22 acres that make up La Bonita Park have been developed, while the other two acres have not been touched by human hands. A snack store, playgrounds, picnic areas, basketball courts, well-maintained pathways, and manicured trails are all available to visitors, in addition to a skate park and other recreational facilities.
Boys & Girls Club
The Boys and Girls Club is a recreational facility that is open to the public on a limited basis and is located within the park. Grants make up the majority of the organization’s financial support. To join this club, which caters primarily to people in their twenties and thirties, there is a membership fee of no more than five dollars. With this kind of money, one can enter the club’s gymnasium, in addition to the numerous classrooms and events it hosts.
There are a variety of programs available, including:
- Programs that encourage civic engagement and leadership development.
- Cultural enrichment classes
- Courses that put an emphasis on both health and physical education
- Classes for ongoing education and advancement of one’s career
- Professional development and educational classes
- Social recreation
- In addition, the club provides an after-school van pool pick-up service in order to transport its members to the club promptly following the completion of the school day. This program ensures that members are able to be at the club on time.
Parking Available On-Site
The park has three parking lots right on the premises of the park, and they are as follows:
- The portion of the park that is located the farthest to the north can be reached immediately from Whittier Boulevard.
- The most southern part of the park can be reached by traveling along Grenada Drive and then turning into West Hanline Way.
- At the most eastern part of the park is where you’ll find the entrance off of Idaho Street.
- ADA Accessible
- Baseball / Softball Diamond
- Basketball Court
- Concrete Walkways
- Futsal Court
- Picnic Areas
- Picnic Tables
- Skate Park
- Tree & Turf Area
Next Point of Interest: Oeste Park